Saturday, January 14, 2012

India?

I have been researching surrogacy options in India a lot lately, and I won't lie our only reason for going there would be because it is so much cheaper, the entire process costs about the same as typical first time GS comp only. I have been looking into 3 clinics that seem to have the highest success rates. I'm a bit iffy on going overseas, financially it fits our budget perfectly, I was just hoping to be more involved in the pregnancy process. My DH is ok with it, I think he would prefer it, he definitely wants more of a business relationship with our surrogate, I'm the friendly chatty one :)

So here are our options so far:

1. Surrogacy Centre of India - Total Cost $ 24,258
2. Delhi-IVF - Total Cost $ 25,228
3. Akansha Clinic - Total Cost $ 24,211
4. Rotunda - Total Cost $ 24,718

So needless to say there are several options, all of which have success rates similar to those in the US, a few even better. So we just need to decide if it's right for us. There are a lot of pros and cons

PROS: 
Affordable
Less chance of getting emotionally attached should something happen
I've always wanted to visit India
Reliable updates, ultrasound pictures, etc...

CONS: 
Potential Red tape/bribery seems typical
Far away, I would not get to be very involved or know our surrogate very well at all
Some people would think we were taking advantage of a poor Indian woman (which is debatable)
Recovering from egg retrieval in a foreign country
Travel time, and travel with a newborn

In a perfect world we would find an amazing GS who lives in the same state as us and is looking for low comp, but I know that wont happen! So I will continue to research India, look for other IP's who have gone there and listen to their experiences. I don't want to get ourselves stuck in a nightmare to save money, but I also don't want to wait several more years to become parents while we try to triple our savings to afford a surrogate in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment